Moist butter cake, with a melt in your mouth caramel topping and caramelized pineapples and cherries. One of my favorite cakes of all times!
My Private Note
1/4 she ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box butter cake mix, we used Duncan Hines
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 9"x13" pan with parchment paper.
- 2In a large bowl, beat together cake mix, butter, eggs and pineapple juice. Mix well.Set aside.
- 3In a medium sauce pan over medium high heat melt butter and whisk in brown sugar and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil stirring consistently. Adjust heat to simmer and continue to stir for about 5-7 minuets being careful not to burn mixture. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla.
- 4Carefully pour hot caramel mixture into baking pan over parchment paper. Distribute pineapple rings over caramel sauce. Add cherries.
- 5Pour cake batter over caramel and fruit.
- 6Bake for about 45 minuets or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- 7Once cake is finished baking, allow to sit for 3-5 minuets then remove cake from pan by flipping cake onto wired rack and carefully and slowly, pull back paper from caramel. to continue to cool. Failure to do this will allow the cake to keep baking, which will result to a dry cake.
- 8Place cake onto desired dish and serve. Refrigerate leftovers.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 631.4
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.3 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 131.9 mg
- Sodium 672.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 62.5 g
- Protein 6.2 g