Recipe by Jazz Lover
I love pineapple and caramel. I have not tried this one yet, but it is a recipe from Quick Cooking. The picture in the magazine looks delicious.
- 2 eggs
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free lemon yogurt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (12 1/4 ounce) jar fat-free caramel topping
- 1 -2 tablespoon pineapple juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs and pineapple; mix well.
- Add the next seven ingredients and mix well.
- Spread into a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan that has been sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- For sauce, combine caramel topping and pineapple juice in a saucepan; cook and stir over medium heat just until bubbly.
- Cool slightly.
- Serve warm over cake.