Recipe by MinnMomof2
My favorite part of the caramel roll is the pecans on top so I created this recipe by combining a couple of different recipes to curb my craving. I'm not a huge fan of sweet rolls so this gives me what I want without wasting the rolls. I will often half this because it gives me plenty since they are addicting!
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons corn syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Pour pecan halves into greased 9x13" pan and place into oven for 5 minutes.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in brown sugar and corn syrup and cook until sugar is dissolved (this takes at least 3-4 minutes).
- Remove pecans from oven and pour into saucepan/caramel mixture.
- Stir to coat and pour back into 9x13" pan.
- Place back into oven for 45-60 minutes stirring every 15 minutes or so.
- Remove pan and spread pecans onto parchment paper or silpat (I've used wax paper but it sticks at times-if it does put in fridge and remove when cold).
- Separate pecans as they cool (2 forks work well).
- I often HALF this because I can't keep out of them!