Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These taste just like caramel rolls, but without the fuss.
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 36 -48 pecan halves (three or four per muffin)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Blend brown sugar and 2 Tbs softened butter.
- Evenly pat this mixture into oiled/sprayed muffin cups.
- Arrange pecan halves on top of this mixture.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Cut in 1/4 butter into this mixture.
- Blend egg with buttermilk and stir into flour mixture until just moistened.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, on top of pecan pieces.
- Bake in 400* oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Take these out of the pan immediately or they will stick.
Just pulled these out of the oven and the smell was heaven! I realized after the first bite that something was off and realized I had used a whole stick of butter instead of just half. They were a bit salty but still moist and indulgent. (That's what happens when you are 9 months pregnant and get the urge for baked goods.) When I make these again I will put in the correct amount of butter and probably some cinnamon. Aside from my own mishap they were great, love the oats for the consistency.
Really good - very moist and rich! Such a great presentation!! I think next time, I will increase the sugar in the batter a little bit & add a dash of nutmeg for enhanced flavour. I didn't have any problem with sticking at all - I did loosen the edges before inverting, though.
Yummy muffins! These are really easy to make! I added 1 tsp of vanilla to the batter, but made the recipe as posted otherwise. When they came out of the oven, I inverted them and quickly scraped the extra sugar/butter on to the top of the nuts - it gets hard fast, so you need to move quickly! Great recipe, I'll definately make it again. Made for Top Favourites of 2009 Tag.