Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
These are so good! And a cinch to make!
Make and share this Caramel Pecan Turtle Chocolate Candies recipe from Food.com.
- 26 caramels
- 104 pecan halves (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease a large cookie sheet well.
- Arrange 4 pecan halves in a cluster, flat side down on cookie sheet.
- Repeat with the rest of the pecan halves.
- Place one caramel on top of each cluster.
- Heat in oven until caramels are softened, about 4-6 minutes.
- Press caramels flat with the bottom of a buttered spatula (you may have to butter the spatula after every 2 or 3 caramels, or it will get very sticky).
- Remove caramels evenly onto waxed paper.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler, or in microwave on medium high, stirring every 25 seconds until just melted.
- Spoon over caramel-pecan clusters.
- Let cool a few hours.
- Makes 26.
I tried this after I realized it would only take a few minutes and I had the caramels on hand. I had a few pecan halves and some chopped pecans. My husband and I thought the pecan halves were very pretty, but we liked the test best with the chopped pecans. I scooped out a tablespoon and place the caramel on top. When it came out of the oven, I flipped them over and coated both sides with the chopped pecans. Either way, a wonderful treat!
Easy Christmas candy. Thanks Sahara for your recipes.
Very, very simple to make. Would recommend this recipe to friends. SO GOOD!!!!! Thanks for the great recipe.