- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 177.44 ml packed brown sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 414.03 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 30 caramels, halved and flattened
- 473.18 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 oz)
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans
- 14.79 ml shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl cream butter and brown sugar.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour and baking powder,gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Roll into 1 inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart onto baking sheet,flatten slightly.
- Bake at 325 for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Place one caramel on each cookie.
- Melt the chocolate chips and shortening.
- Drizzle over the cooled cookies.
- Sprinkle with the pecans.
- Let stand until firm.