- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 30 caramels, halved and flattened
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl cream butter and brown sugar.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour and baking powder,gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Roll into 1 inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart onto baking sheet,flatten slightly.
- Bake at 325 for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Place one caramel on each cookie.
- Melt the chocolate chips and shortening.
- Drizzle over the cooled cookies.
- Sprinkle with the pecans.
- Let stand until firm.