Recipe by Ashbow
If you like pecan pie, you'll love these. It's like eating a mini pecan pie, mmm! *Unwrapping the caramels can be time consuming, so if you have kids, let them help with that!* From Betty Crocker.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar (I would use light)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 12 vanilla caramels, unwrapped
- 1 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, 1/2 cup butter and the powdered sugar. Divide dough into 24 equal pieces. Press each piece in bottom and up the side of small muffin cups, or lined with foil or paper baking cups.
- In a medium bowl, mix remaining Tart ingredients. Spoon slightly less than 1 tablespoon mixture into each cup.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until filling is set and crust is light brown.
- Cool slightly; loosen from cups with tip of knife. Remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In a 1-quart saucepan, heat caramels and milk over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth.
- Spoon topping onto cooled tarts.