3 hrs 20 mins
Carol Bullock's Note:
These are a little bit of work but definitely worth the effort. A decadent treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 787.84 ml all-purpose flour
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 295.73 ml soymilk
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml shortening
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1 Ener-G Egg Substitute
The Caramel Base
- 1First, make caramel base.
- 2Combine ingredients in saucepan and heat slowly, stirring often.
- 3When mixture starts to bubble, pour into baking pan (long cake size).
- 4In a mixing bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups of the flour and the yeast.
- 5Heat soy milk, sugar, shortening and salt, until just warm.
- 6Stir constantly until shortening is almost melted.
- 7Add this to the dry mixture and then add egg substitute.
- 8Beat at low speed for 1/2 minute, scraping bowl.
- 9Beat 3 minutes at high speed.
- 10By hand, stir in remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- 11Shape into ball.
- 12Place in lightly greased bowl; turn once to grease surface.
- 13Cover and let rise in warm place till double, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- 14Punch down and turn out onto floured surface.
- 15Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 16Roll dough into 24x16-inch rectangle.
- 17Brush with 1/2 cup melted margarine, and then sprinkle with brown sugar-cinnamon mix.
- 18Roll as for jelly roll, starting with long edge.
- 19Seal and cut into 1-inch slices.
- 20Place rolls, cut side down, into baking pan.
- 21Let rest in warm place until double, 30 to 45 minutes.
- 22Bake at 375 degrees for around 20 minutes.
- 23Rolls should be golden.
- 24Let cool around 5 minutes, and then invert pan on rack or tray.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel-Pecan Sticky Buns
Serving Size: 1 (1538 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.1
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 199.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Ener-G Egg Substitute