Recipe by Little Suzy Homemaker
This recipe is from David. He makes these for Christmas and they are wonderful.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) yellow cake mix (Pillsbury Plus)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Place cake mix in a large bowl. Using pastry blender or fork, cut in 6 tablespoons butter until mxitre resembles coarse crumbs. Press into the bottom of an ungreased 15x10 inch jelly roll pan. Top with pecans.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine brown sugar, sugar, 1 cup butter and honey. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 3 minutes, remove from heat. Stir in whipping cream until well blended. Pour filling evenly over pecans.
- Bake at 350°F for 17-22 minutes or until entire surface is bubbly. Cool completely and cut into bars.