Recipe by Orangeruby
This will pave the way to anyone's heart. Rich, creamy and all the right notes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons melted butter or 5 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup thick caramel sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup chocolate mousse mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cold water
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄8 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup cold whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Thick Caramel Sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare mousse the day before.
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in small bowl and let stand 1 minute to soften.
- Add boiling water and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved and mixture is clear.
- Cool for two minutes.
- In medium size mixing bowl, stir together sugar and cocoa.
- Add whipping cream and vanilla.
- With hand mixer, beat (medium speed) until stiff.
- Pour in gelatin mixture and beat until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Makes about 1 cup.
- Thick Caramel Sauce:.
- Heat water, sugar, corn syrup and lemon juice on high heat in a heavy-bottomed 2 or 3 quart saucepan.
- When sugar starts to melt, stir constantly with a whisk.
- As soon as all of the sugar crystals have melted (the liquid will be dark amber in color), add the butter to the pan (the mixture will foam up considerably).
- Continue to whisk briskly until the butter has melted, then remove from heat.
- Add the cream to the pan (the mixture will foam up considerably), and then the salt and continue to whisk until sauce is smooth.
- Let cool in the pan for a couple minutes, and then pour into a glass mason jar and let sit to cool to room temperature.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Melt butter.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, sugar and nutmeg.
- Press into a 9 inch pie plate or 8 inch square cake pan.
- Chill in refrigerator 2 hours before filling.
- Allow cream cheese to soften.
- Beat cream cheese, sour cream and lemon juice together and slowly beat in powdered sugar.
- Lightly toast pecans, stir into caramel and pour into bottom of crust.
- Gently spread cream cheese mix over the caramel.
- Gently spread mousse over cream cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.