1/1 Photo of Caramel Pecan Rolls
A grand prize winner from Country Woman.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 7 -7 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 2 eggs
- 1FOR THE DOUGH: In a saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- 2Set aside to COOL to 120 to130 F.
- 3In a mixing bowl, combine 2 cups flour and yeast.
- 4Add cooled cornmeal mixture; beat on low until smooth.
- 5Add eggs and 1 cup of flour; mix for 1 minute.
- 6Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 7Turn onto a floured board; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- 8Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- 9Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 10FOR THE TOPPING: Combine the first three topping ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- 11Pour into TWO greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pans.
- 12Sprinkle with pecans; set aside.
- 13Punch dough down; divide in half.
- 14Roll each into a 12 x 15 inch rectangle; spread with butter.
- 15Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter.
- 16Roll up dough from one long side; pinch seams and turn ends under.
- 17Cut each roll into 12 slices.
- 18Place 12 slices, cut side down, in each baking pan.
- 19Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 20Bake at 375 F.
- 21for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 22Let cool 1 minute; invert onto a serving platter.
- 23Yield: 2 dozen.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Pecan Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (2754 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4383.5
- Calories from Fat 1406
- Total Fat 156.2 g
- Saturated Fat 83.9 g
- Cholesterol 559.2 mg
- Sodium 3469.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 686.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.6 g
- Sugars 314.4 g
- Protein 69.6 g