Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Decadent, Rich and Delicious!
Make and share this Caramel Pecan Pound Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Cream butter and sugar add eggs one at a time.
- then add vanilla.
- next add a little at a time of the the flour mixed with the baking powder and salt.
- then add buttermilk and pecans.
- pour into a pre-greased and floured bundt pan or tube pan.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour.
- let cake cool.
- for the topping, add brown sugar and butter to a sauce pan and melt until smooth.
- add syrup,whipping cream and pecans and bring to a slow boil remove from the heat and stir caramel mixture for a few minutes or until slightly cooled and pour over the cake.
This is the same recipe for a bakery called "Big Mama's" that was shown one the Foodnetwork. I was so happy to be able to get the recipe online because it sure looked good. The chef gave all the ingredients with the exception of the flour and buttermilk. This cake is very moist and rich and has somewhat of a Southern quality to it. This is going to become one of my regulars to sell now. I'll add some vanilla flavoring to my caramel sauce and make another small tweak to make it my own. It definitely worth sharing and making for others to enjoy.
I am so very glad that I found this recipe. This cake was very moist and delicious. My family really enjoyed it and they all wanted the recipe. I will continue to use this recipe over and over again.
Excellent cake! Might also be good if apples were added to the batter.