Recipe by evelyn/athens
Next time you rent your favourite film (prmised my kids The Green Mile for this weekend!), make this up for a special 'event'. Based on a Canadian Living recipe.
Top Review by katia
Excellent! I made it last night, I had friends coming over for watching foorball and this was ours sweet snack. The only problem was that they asked me for more and I had to make it for a second time in an evening! Thanks Ev!
- 10 cups warm freshly popped popcorn
- 2 cups pecan pieces, roasted
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease large rimmed baking sheet; mix warm popcorn with pecans on sheet. Set aside.
- In saucepan, whisk together sugar, butter and corn syrup over medium-low heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high; boil, without stirring, until candy thermometer registers hard-ball stage of 255°F (124°C), or 1/2 tsp (2 mL) syrup dropped into very cold water forms rigid ball that is still a little pliable, about 4 minutes. Remove pan from heat. Stir in vanilla, salt and baking soda.
- Gradually pour over popcorn mixture, stirring gently until combined. Let cool completely. (Make-ahead: Store in airtight container for up to 1 week.).