Recipe by Chickee
Oooh I can't wait to try this one from Good Taste Magazine!
Top Review by Chef Buggsy Mate
YEA, I get to rate this first. Now, I have to tell you I chose this recipe because my DH LOVES pecan pie. I think the only reason he had us move from New England to the South is so that I could learn how to make a good pecan pie. I'm no Southerner, and I still can not make a true Southern style pecan pie. However Chickee's recipe is fool proof and very tasty. The filling is quite different as it has a filling more like an egg custard. Also, I found that it wasn't quite as rich as a traditional pecan pie. That is a plus for me as I find most pecan pies overly sweet and too rich. This is one pie I enjoyed too. Thanks for posting this very tasty recipe Chickee. Made and reviewed for the 26th AUS/NZ Recipe Swap. Note: Had to up this from 4 stars to 5 and would give it more if I could! (I think my sweetened condensed milk was past its prime the first time I made this).
- 1 sweet pie crust
- 1 (395 g) sweetened condensed milk
- 60 g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100 g pecans, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius. Place the flan case on a baking tray.
- Whisk together the condensed milk, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the pie case with the nuts. Pour in the egg mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, covering with foil if necessary to prevent over browning, until filling is set and golden. Set aside for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.