Recipe by Mirj
Very yummy and candy-like. You need a sugar thermometer for this one, but it's worth it!
Top Review by Kelly McPherson
This is yummy! I made this last year for Thanksgiving and now is my husbands most requested pie recipe! This one is definitely a tradition starter. It could use telling how hot to bake the filled pie shell at though.
- 1 9 inch pie shell, pre-baked for 12 minutes at 350 degrees f
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups pecans (toasted and chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugars, butter, and honey in a heavy-bottom sauce pan.
- Cook over medium heat, and stir only until melted.
- Heat until mixture reaches 240 degrees F on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream and pecans (mixture will bubble slightly).
- Pour into pre-baked pie shell and bake for approximately 30-35 minutes.