Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This recipe will be a bit richer as it calls for milk. Not water like the UnknownChef's recipe.
- 9 inch unbaked pie shells
- 36 caramels, unwrapped
- 59.14 ml butter
- 59.14 ml milk
- 177.44 ml white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan over low heat, combine caramels, butter and milk.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until smooth.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt.
- Gradually mix in the melted caramel mixture. Stir in pecans.
- Pour filling into unbaked pie crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown.
- Allow pie to cool until filling is firm.
What a delicious treat! This was a wonderful ending to our Sunday lunch. The pie was very easy to prepare and it baked up beautifully. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWTIII
I make this pie for all the holidays (by request!).. usually more than one pie!! It so easy to make and so tasty. We like to add whipped cream and a little bit of chocolate syrup on ours. Tastes like a candy bar.