1/1 Photo of Caramel Pecan Ice Cream Dessert
This lucious high calorie ice cream dessert is sooo good you may want to pass on dinner and get right to the dessert. It is easy to make and disgustingly yummy. This recipe is 2 part so I have broken it down in ingredients and directions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, 425ml
- 1 cup pecans, chopped 250 ml
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed 250 ml
- 1 cup oatmeal, 250 ml
- 1 cup margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 cups caramel sauce, 375 ml
- 8 cups vanilla ice cream, softened 2ltr
- 1Combine flour, pecans, sugar, and oats in a large bowl. Add margarine and mix well. Pat this mixture on a large baking sheet with sides. Bake at 400F stirring occasionally for 15 minutes Crumble while warm. Cool.
- 2Press half of crumb mixture into a 9 x 13 pan. Drizzle with half the sauce.
- 3Spread ice cream over crumb mixture and add remaining crumbs and sauce. Cover and freeze. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.
- 4( line pan first with saran, wax paper or parchment paper, so it lifts out of dish easily to a flat surface for slicing)Also, I cut it and wrap in saran individual pieces to take out of freezer when needed. This is an extremely rich dessert so I cannot judge portions. I would not serve more than about a 3" square per person.
- 5To Make Caramel Sauce.
- 6In heavy saucepan, bring sugar, corn syrup, butter and water to a boil over med. heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute Reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Let cool slightly. Stir in cream. Sauce.
- 8will thicken.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Pecan Ice Cream Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 832.2
- Calories from Fat 363
- Total Fat 40.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 66.4 mg
- Sodium 446.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 115.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 59.6 g
- Protein 8.2 g