Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from my users guide for the Kitchen Aid Ice cream attachment. It was the first recipe I tried...excellent choice!! This is what homemade ice cream is about...rich and very decadent. The only thing I would do differently next time....is toast the pecans. Cooking time only reflects the 30 minutes churning not the freezer time.
- 3 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup prepared caramel sauce
- 3 1⁄2 ounces cheesecake flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, coarsely chopped
- In med bowl, place all ingredients except pecans. Whisk until well blended and pudding is dissolved.
- Cover and chill for at least 6 hours.
- Follow instructions for your ice cream maker.
- Add nuts when they suggest.
I made this recipe but substituted coconut milk for the milk and cream of coconut for the sweetened condensed milk. I also substituted cashews for the pecans and added crushed heath pieces. It was delicious