Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
Source: realcajunrecipes.com . Posted for ZWT5.
- Butter a 9X9 baking pan.
- In a large saucepan, mix 1 cup of milk and 2 cups sugar. Set aside.
- Slowly melt one cup sugar in a small heavy saucepan stirring constantly.
- Pour the caramelized sugar in the milk/sugar mixture.
- Over medium heat, stir until the caramelized sugar is dissolved.
- When the mixture starts to boil, add the butter.
- Cook to the soft-ball stage.
- Add the pecans and vanilla, remove from heat and beat until creamy.
- Set in cold water, when the mixture starts to stick to the pot and is thick, pour into the buttered 9X9 pan.
- Let cool, cut and enjoy.