Leah's Kitchen's Note:
Source: realcajunrecipes.com . Posted for ZWT5.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter a 9X9 baking pan.
- 2In a large saucepan, mix 1 cup of milk and 2 cups sugar. Set aside.
- 3Slowly melt one cup sugar in a small heavy saucepan stirring constantly.
- 4Pour the caramelized sugar in the milk/sugar mixture.
- 5Over medium heat, stir until the caramelized sugar is dissolved.
- 6When the mixture starts to boil, add the butter.
- 7Cook to the soft-ball stage.
- 8Add the pecans and vanilla, remove from heat and beat until creamy.
- 9Set in cold water, when the mixture starts to stick to the pot and is thick, pour into the buttered 9X9 pan.
- 10Let cool, cut and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Pecan Fudge
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.9
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 22.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 25.6 g
- Protein 1.8 g