Recipe by Mirj
The first time I made this was for a friend's birthday party and everyone had to bring something fattening. This proved to be very popular.
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup margarine or 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup crushed hard toffee
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 13x9 inch pan.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, margarine and egg.
- Mix at highest speed until crumbly.
- Press into prepared pan.
- In small bowl, beat milk, egg and vanilla until blended.
- Stir in pecans and toffee bits chips.
- Pour over base in pan; spread to cover.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes or until light and golden brown.
- Center may appear loose but will set upon cooling.
- Allow bars to cool completely before cutting.