1/1 Photo of Caramel Pecan Cookies
1 hr 15 mins
nadia murray's Note:
My sister sent me this recipe and I have no idea where she got it. It is a delicious variation on chocolate chip cookies and I usually double the recipe when I make these. I sometimes add semisweet chocolate chips but this was not in the original recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (may omit if using salted butter)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces Rolo chocolates, cut in half (can line them up and do several at a time)
- 1 cup lightly toasted and chopped pecans
- 1/2-1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1Combine flour, soda and salt, if using; set aside.
- 2Beat together butter and both sugars, until well blended.
- 3Mix in egg, half and half and vanilla.
- 4Blend in flour mixture until smooth.
- 5Stir in, by hand, Rolo candies, pecans and chocolate chips (if using).
- 6Wrap and chill dough, at least an hour before baking (not part of the original directions but I prefer to do this).
- 7Drop dough by tablespoon onto silpat or parchment lined baking sheets (necessary because of the caramel, trust me!).
- 8Bake at 350°F for 10-13 minutes until edges are golden brown and center is still slightly soft.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Pecan Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.3
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 21.0 mg
- Sodium 100.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: