Recipe by nadia murray
My sister sent me this recipe and I have no idea where she got it. It is a delicious variation on chocolate chip cookies and I usually double the recipe when I make these. I sometimes add semisweet chocolate chips but this was not in the original recipe.
Top Review by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
I remember why I don't make cookies on a regular basis! Cookies take time! CAUTION: Be sure to use parchment paper and leave space so the cookies don't run together! Made per the recipe, with 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips ~ I cut the Rolo candies in half and batch #1 had thin spread out places where there was too much caramel! I dug through the batter and cut the candies in half again and batch #2 looked better! I got 40 cookies. Made for Fall PAC 2008 -
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (may omit if using salted butter)
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces Rolo chocolates, cut in half (can line them up and do several at a time)
- 1 cup lightly toasted and chopped pecans
- 1⁄2-1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, soda and salt, if using; set aside.
- Beat together butter and both sugars, until well blended.
- Mix in egg, half and half and vanilla.
- Blend in flour mixture until smooth.
- Stir in, by hand, Rolo candies, pecans and chocolate chips (if using).
- Wrap and chill dough, at least an hour before baking (not part of the original directions but I prefer to do this).
- Drop dough by tablespoon onto silpat or parchment lined baking sheets (necessary because of the caramel, trust me!).
- Bake at 350°F for 10-13 minutes until edges are golden brown and center is still slightly soft.