Caramel Pecan Chocolate Chip Pie
- 9 inches unbaked pie shells
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 18 caramels, unwrapped
- 3 -5 tablespoons whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 325*.
- In a medium bowl, combine margarine, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and eggs; beat until light and fluffy.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- Stir in flour just until moistened.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into crust-lined pie plate.
- Bake at 325* for 40 to 50 minutes or until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth, adding remaining whipping cream if necessary for desired spreading consistency.
- Stir in pecans.
- Immediately spoon and spread over warm pie.
- Cool completely. .