Recipe by Manami
This looks so awesome and so rich! Am keeping it here for safekeeping. These look so good. Kraft's Food & Family Magazine, Fall 2007. Chilling time is 4 hours until overnight.
- 1 cup pecan pieces, divided (Planter's were used)
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 50 Nilla wafers)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened (Philadelphia was used)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream (Breakstone's or Knudsen was used)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 24 caramels (Kraft's were used)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares (Baker's was used)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Line 13x9-inch baking pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan.
- Remove 1/2 cup of the pecans; set aside.
- Finely chop remaining pecans.
- Mix wafer crumbs, chopped pecans and butter.
- Press firmly onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add sour cream, flour and vanilla; mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake 45 minute or until center is almost set.
- Cool completely.
- Place caramels in microwaveable bowl.
- Add water.
- Microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until caramels are completely melted when stirred.
- Pour over cheesecake; top with the reserved pecans.
- Melt chocolate as directed on package; drizzle over cheesecake.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Use foil handles to remove cheesecake from pan before cutting into pieces to serve.
- Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.