1/1 Photo of Caramel Pecan Cheesecake
This was in my local newspaper, and I tried it for a Super Bowl party. It's really good, VERY rich -- pretty easy too. Makes a lot, so I think it could be easily halved. (Prep/Cook time does NOT include 4 hours of refrigeration needed)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, divided
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) bag caramels, divided
- 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1Mix crumbs, 1/2 cup pecans, granulated sugar and butter.
- 2Line 13x9-inch baking pan with foil; press crumbs firmly onto bottom of pan.
- 3Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- 4Beat cream cheese, brown sugar, flour and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- 5Mixture will be pretty thick.
- 6Add sour cream; mix well.
- 7Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended.
- 8Place 36 caramels and 1 tablespoon water in microwavable bowl.
- 9Microwave on high 1 minute or until caramels are completely melted when stirred.
- 10Add melted caramels to cream cheese batter; stir until well blended.
- 11The caramel will become kind of stringy through the batter as the caramels cool.
- 12Pour over crust.
- 13Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until center is almost set.
- 14Sprinkle cheesecake with remaining 1/2 cup pecans.
- 15Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- 16****The recipe calls for melting the remaining caramels and 1 Tbsp of water and drizzling over it, but I did this when I made it and found that the caramel immediately cools and becomes very very sticky.
- 17I think next time I make it, I will use some caramel ice cream topping to drizzle on top instead.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Pecan Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.1
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 55.2 mg
- Sodium 164.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 3.5 g