Recipe by dale!
Caramel and Cheesecake-nuff said.
Top Review by papergoddess
This cheesecake is very rich, and very sweet. I'm rating it at 4-stars because I think the crust has too much butter (WAY too much). When I combined the butter with the ground nuts and sugar, it was like a paste, not crumbly. I had to spread it into the pan, and when I baked it, butter was oozing out of the bottom and burning on the bottom of my oven. The rest of the cheesecake is good, but VERY sweet.
- 2 cups pecans
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 26 caramels
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Finely grind nuts and sugar in processor.
- Add melted butter and blend until moist crumbs form.
- Press crumb mixture onto bottom only of springform pan.
- Cook caramels and milk until melted.
- Drizzle over crust.
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until well blended.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating just to combine after each addition.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Pour filling into crust.
- Bake until top appears dry and cheesecake no longer moves in center when pan is shaken, about 1 hour.
- Cool, cover and refrigerate over night.
- Release pan sides from cheesecake.
- Prep time does not include overnight chilling.