Recipe by Erin101378
This is a recipe I found on the internet...don't remember where or when, but it is soooooo good!!! (if you are using a dark, non-stick pan, bake at 300 degrees!) (cook time includes refridgeration!)
Top Review by I'm a Cookin' Fool
You are right Erin this is a lovely cheesecake. My cheesecake pan is dark so I took your advise and baked at 300 and it came out beautifully and tastes superb! Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2008.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 35 caramels
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 semi-sweet chocolate baking square
Directions See How It's Made
- pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- combine graham cracker crumbs and butter.
- press mixture onto the bottom and about 2 inches up the side of a 9-in. springform pan.
- put caramels & milk into a small microwave safe bowl.
- microwave on HIGH for 2-2 1/2 minutes or until completely melted when it it stirred, (please stir once every minute microwaved!).
- Mix in pecans.
- put 1/2 cup of caramel mixture aside for the topping.
- drizzle the rest of the caramel mixture all over the bottom of the crust.
- place in the refridgerator for 12 minutes.
- beat cream cheese, vanilla and sugar on med. speed until blended well.
- put eggs in one at a time, each time mixing on low speed until blended.
- pour this over the caramel mixture on the crust.
- bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour-1 hour and 10 minutes or until the center of the cake is close to being set.
- use knife around the edges of the pan to help loosen the cake.
- cool the cake before taking the side of the pan off.
- refridgerate 5 hours or overnight.
- use the leftover caramel mixture to top the cake just before you serve it.
- melt chocolate as directed on it's package and drizzle over the cake.