Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this pie. I'm posting this for safe keeping. I found this recipe in Taste Of Home Quick Cooking 2005. My family and friends love this luscious no bake dessert that sets up in the refrigerator. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch and fats. Note: This recipe was tested with Splenda.
- 1 ounce unflavored gelatin (1 envelope)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- sugar substitute equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces frozen light whipped topping, thawed
- 5 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted, divided
- 9 inches reduced fat graham cracker crust
- 2 tablespoons fat free caramel ice cream topping
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand for 1 minute. Bring to a boil, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Cool slightly. In a blender or food processor, combine the lemon juice, cream cheese and gelatin mixture; cover and process until smooth. Add milk powder and sugar substitute; cover and process for 1 minute.
- Transfer to a large bowl; fold in the whipped topping. Stir in 3 tablespoons of pecans. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Drizzle with caramel topping. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until set.