Kimmie Kooks's Note:
Sweet and chewy, these yummy layered squares come from Dick Deacon of Lawrenceville, Georgia
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 20 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 3 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 1Melt 1/3 cup butter; stir in the cookie crumbs.
- 2Press into an ungreased 9-in. square baking dish.
- 3Bake at 325° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 4In a saucepan over low heat, melt caramels and remaining butter. Stir in the pecans. Pour over crust. Cool.
- 5For topping, in a saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, butter, cream and corn syrup.
- 6Cook and stir over low heat until smooth.
- 7Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- 8Pour over caramel layer. Cool on a wire rack.
- 9Refrigerate until chocolate hardens.
- 10Let candy stand at room temperature for 5-10 minute before cutting into 1-in. squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Pecan Candy
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 81
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.2
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 4.2 mg
- Sodium 65.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 1.1 g