Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sweet and chewy, these yummy layered squares come from Dick Deacon of Lawrenceville, Georgia
- 1⁄3 cup plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 20 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 3 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt 1/3 cup butter; stir in the cookie crumbs.
- Press into an ungreased 9-in. square baking dish.
- Bake at 325° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt caramels and remaining butter. Stir in the pecans. Pour over crust. Cool.
- For topping, in a saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, butter, cream and corn syrup.
- Cook and stir over low heat until smooth.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Pour over caramel layer. Cool on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate until chocolate hardens.
- Let candy stand at room temperature for 5-10 minute before cutting into 1-in. squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.