Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from Taste of Home Magazine and looks yummy. I am making them tomorrow to take to our family's Christmas dinner.
- 1⁄3 cup butter, and
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- 20 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 3 cups pecan halves, toasted
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt 1/3 cup butter; stir in the cookie crumbs. Press into an ungreased 9-inch square baking dish. Bake at 325°F for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. In a saucepan over low heat, melt caramels and remaining butter. Stir in the pecans. Pour over the crust. Cool.
- For topping: in a saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, butter, cream and corn syrup. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in the vanilla. Pour over caramel layer.
- Cool on a wire rack and cut into 1 inch squares. Makes 6 1/2 dozen.