Kellie Q's Note:
I really dont remember where i got this recipe but it a favorite of my family and church members. Its a very southern recipe and a very sweet one too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups sifted self-rising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Caramel Icing Ingredients
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 1For the cake:
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 3 (9-inch) cake pans.
- 3Using an electric mixer, cream butter until fluffy. Add granulated sugar and continue to cream well for 6 to 8 minutes. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour and milk alternately to creamed mixture, beginning and ending with flour. Add vanilla and continue to beat until just mixed. Divide batter equally among prepared pans. Level batter in each pan by holding pan 3 or 4-inches above counter dropping it flat onto counter. Do this several times to release air bubbles and assure you of a more level cake. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 4For the Icing:.
- 5Cook 3/4 cup of sugar in a cast iron skillet until brown. Stir constantly. Melt 3 cups sugar in milk.
- 6Add milk mixture to caramelized sugar Cook until it forms a soft ball. Remove from heat & add margarine.
- 7Beat until it cools & loses gloss. Spread between cake layers and frost the cake with it fast before it starts to set up.
- 8To Decorate:.
- 9Layer the pecans between the layers of cake and arrange them on the top and sides of the cake.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Pecan Cake and Icing
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 945.4
- Calories from Fat 433
- Total Fat 48.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 117.8 mg
- Sodium 685.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 124.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 96.9 g
- Protein 9.3 g