1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
this is a recipe given to me by an elderly neighbor...have not made it myself..but sure enjoyed hers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 6 large eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1cream butter, add sugar and fresh lemon juice.
- 2cream until light and fluffy --
- 3add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- 4combine baking soda to sour cream; sift flour twice with salt.
- 5turn mixer onto low speed and alternately add sour cream and flour to batter.
- 6add flavorings --
- 7pour batter into a greased and floured bundt or tube pan.and bake at 325* for 1 1/2 hours.
- 8to prepare icing:.
- 9in a heavy saucepan, mix 2 cups sugar, beaten egg, butter and milk --
- 10put on low fire and let come to a slow boil --
- 11in a small black iron skillet, melt remaining 1/2 cup sugar and let cook until brown and runny.
- 12add this to sugar mixture and continue to cook until the temperature reaches the soft ball stage.238*.
- 13you must cook this slowly to prevent the milk from scorching.
- 14remove from fire and let cool slightly.; then add salt and flavorings.
- 15beat until icing reaches a spreading consistency.
- 16ice on cooled cake.
- 17sprinkle top with chopped pecans.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Pecan Cake
Serving Size: 1 (2549 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 724.5
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 177.3 mg
- Sodium 313.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 121.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 92.1 g
- Protein 8.3 g