Recipe by KAS in MN
These brownies are a nice change from the traditional chocolate variety. Perfect chewy, nutty, caramel texture. The best!!
Top Review by Recipe Maven
These brownies are definately moreish! I had one and then HAD to have another one! My family went nuts for these too! The pecans and caramel are great additions to these delicious brownies. You can rest assured they will be made many many times by me!
- 2⁄3 cup vanilla caramels (12 caramels)
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2-quart saucepan combine the caramels, margarine or butter, and milk.
- Heat and stir over low heat just until caramels are melted.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla; stir until well blended.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add to saucepan mixture, stirring until blended.
- Stir in pecans.
- Turn into a greased 9x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool; cut into bars.