Prep 40 mins
Cook 4 hrs 35 mins
From Betty Crocker's Holiday Wishes mini cookbook
Make and share this Caramel-Pecan Brownie Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wrap outside of a 9 inch springform pan with heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Spray inside of pan with cooking spray.
- Heat caramels and milk in a 2 quart saucepan over low heat for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until the caramels are melted and smooth, and then remove from heat.
- Stir brownie mix, water, 1/2 cup vegetable oil and the eggs in a large bowl until well blended.
- Stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of the pecans.
- Pour into pan.
- Evenly drizzle 3/4 cup of the caramel sauce over batter and gently swirl the caramel sauce through batter with a knife.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in center.
- Melt remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in a 1 quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- Drizzle over warm cake.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup pecans.
- Refridgerate about 2 hours 15 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Remove side of pan.
- Microwave caramel sauce until warm.
- Cut cake into wedges.
- Drizzle each serving with about 1 tablespoon of caramel sauce.