Recipe by Jen Neal
I found the recipe in my kids cookies and other stuff book . I like this because it is a great treat .
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup liquid honey
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- In medium bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg.
- Stir in flour.
- Press evenly in 10x15-inch (25x 40cm) jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Spread pecans evenly over crust, placing them broken sided down.
- With a bit of planning in each bar when it is cut.
- In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Stir in honey and brown sugar.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves and mixture boils.
- Continue boiling and stirring for 5 minutes or until mixture is a rich caramel colour.
- Remove from heat.
- Throughfuly blend in cream.
- Pour over pecans.
- Bake fifteen minutes.
- This can be turned into something akin to a pecan pie by doubling the nuts by 3 cups (750 mL).