Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an old family recipe. It's fairly simple to make. Love the chocolate layer on top!
Make and share this Caramel Pecan Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blend together the flour, 1 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup butter until particles are fine crumbs.
- Pat into an ungreased 9 X 13 glass pan.
- Spread the pecans over the crust.
- Put the remaining butter (3/4 cup), brown sugar (1/2 cup) and vanilla into a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly.
- Bring to a full boil and boil for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Pour over the crust and pecans.
- Bake for 20 minutes and remove from oven- do not overbake.
- Immediately sprinkle the top with 1 - 2 cups of chocolate chips.
- The amount depends on your preference for chocolate.
- Two cups will give a fairly thick layer.
- When the chips have melted, spread evenly over the crust with a spreader or butter knife.
Wow were these good. Sinfully good. Blew my Weight Watchers points for the day, but BOY were they worth it!!!! Sent some to my Gramps who loves nuts and carmel! Thanks for another yummy pecan recipe!!`
We had my in-laws over for dinner. This is what I served for dessert. Very delicious. Rich and ooey-gooey. I used 1 cup of chocolate morsels and that gave a good chocolate flavor but didn't overpower the pecans and caramel flavor. Very easy and we sure enjoyed them. Thanks.
I made these this weekend;they are sinfully rich and super delicious! Thank you for those pecans.