Recipe by PanNan
This is an old family recipe. It's fairly simple to make. Love the chocolate layer on top!
Top Review by CookbookCarrie
Wow were these good. Sinfully good. Blew my Weight Watchers points for the day, but BOY were they worth it!!!! Sent some to my Gramps who loves nuts and carmel! Thanks for another yummy pecan recipe!!`
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups room temperature butter, divided
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 -2 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blend together the flour, 1 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup butter until particles are fine crumbs.
- Pat into an ungreased 9 X 13 glass pan.
- Spread the pecans over the crust.
- Put the remaining butter (3/4 cup), brown sugar (1/2 cup) and vanilla into a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly.
- Bring to a full boil and boil for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Pour over the crust and pecans.
- Bake for 20 minutes and remove from oven- do not overbake.
- Immediately sprinkle the top with 1 - 2 cups of chocolate chips.
- The amount depends on your preference for chocolate.
- Two cups will give a fairly thick layer.
- When the chips have melted, spread evenly over the crust with a spreader or butter knife.