Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These bars are so good it's hard to stop at one!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick oats or 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups caramel ice cream topping
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour,oats,brown sugar,and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Take 2 cups of flour mixture out and set aside.
- Press remaining mixture in the bottom of a jelly roll pan.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Spread caramel topping over crust,all the way to edges.
- Add pecans to reserved crumb mixture;sprinkle over caramel topping.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Cool completly on cooling rack.
- Cut into 40 bars.
These were easy to make, and I received many compliments on the finished product. The caramel ice cream topping made them taste great without being too gooey. I used parchment paper in the jelly roll pan for easier removal. I will definitely make them again.
These chewy bars were gone in less than a day! The oats, caramel, and pecans are a winning combination! My family loved them.