1/3 Photos of Caramel Pecan Apple Pie
1 hr 45 mins
I have been making this pie for my family for years. When my son was young, he would ask me to make "caramel apples in a pie".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked double pie crusts
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 7 -8 apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1Melt 1/4 cup butter and pour into the bottom of the pie crust; spread to cover bottom.
- 2Sprinkle brown sugar over butter and cover with chopped pecans.
- 3Place apple slices in pie crust over the nuts and sugar.
- 4In a small bowl, mix together the granulated sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- 5Sprinkle over the apple slices.
- 6Sprinkle with water and dot apple slices with additional butter.
- 7Place top crust over apples and flute edges.
- 8Bake at 425° for 15 minutes.
- 9Reduce heat to 350° and bake for an additional 35-40 minutes.
- 10If fluted edges start to get too dark, cover with foil.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Pecan Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 534.6
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 384.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 38.6 g
- Protein 4.0 g