Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
1953 Pillsbury Bake-off Recipes
- 1 (29 ounce) can pear halves, drained and 1/2 cup liquid reserved
- 28 caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350º. Generously grease a 9x13 pan.
- Slice pears and arrange over bottom of pan. In 1qt saucepan on med heat, melt caramels in reserved pear liquid, stirring frequently until smooth. Stir in butter and blend well. Pour over pears,
- In large bowl beat cake mix, water, oil, and eggs with mixer on low until moistened. Beat 2 min on high. Spoon batter evenly over pear mixture.
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until done. Cool 5 minute Turn upside down onto heatproof serving plate and remove from pan. Sprinkle with nuts. Serve with whipped cream if desired.