Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Got from Good Taste magazine. Have not made it but it looks good. Very moist cake.
Make and share this Caramel Pear and Macadamia Upside-Down Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 180 Degrees Celsius Grease a round 20cm cake pan and line base with non-stick baking paper.
- Melt 20g butter in frying pan and heat until foaming. Add pears cut side down and cook 2 minutes eahc side until golden brown.
- Arrange pear over base of cake pan.
- Melt 25g remaining butter until foaming. Add 1/2 cup sugar stirring for 1 minute.
- Add cream and water and cook for 2 minutes until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and pour half the caramel sauce over the pears.
- Sprinkle pears with nuts.
- Using electric beater, beat ground ginger, remaining butter and remaining sugar in medium bowl.
- Add eggs 1 at a time combining well after each addition.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir in the flours, almond meal and sour cream until just combined.
- Spoon mixture over pears and smooth the surface.
- Bake in oven 1 1/2 hours until skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven set aside 5 minutes before inverting onto a plate.
- Drizzle cake with reserved caramel sauce and serve warm with vanilla ice-cream or cream.