Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Got from Good Taste magazine. Have not made it but it looks good. Very moist cake.
Make and share this Caramel Pear and Macadamia Upside-Down Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 180 Degrees Celsius Grease a round 20cm cake pan and line base with non-stick baking paper.
- Melt 20g butter in frying pan and heat until foaming. Add pears cut side down and cook 2 minutes eahc side until golden brown.
- Arrange pear over base of cake pan.
- Melt 25g remaining butter until foaming. Add 1/2 cup sugar stirring for 1 minute.
- Add cream and water and cook for 2 minutes until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and pour half the caramel sauce over the pears.
- Sprinkle pears with nuts.
- Using electric beater, beat ground ginger, remaining butter and remaining sugar in medium bowl.
- Add eggs 1 at a time combining well after each addition.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir in the flours, almond meal and sour cream until just combined.
- Spoon mixture over pears and smooth the surface.
- Bake in oven 1 1/2 hours until skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven set aside 5 minutes before inverting onto a plate.
- Drizzle cake with reserved caramel sauce and serve warm with vanilla ice-cream or cream.