1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Wendys Kitchen's Note:
Got from Good Taste magazine. Have not made it but it looks good. Very moist cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180 Degrees Celsius Grease a round 20cm cake pan and line base with non-stick baking paper.
- 2Melt 20g butter in frying pan and heat until foaming. Add pears cut side down and cook 2 minutes eahc side until golden brown.
- 3Arrange pear over base of cake pan.
- 4Melt 25g remaining butter until foaming. Add 1/2 cup sugar stirring for 1 minute.
- 5Add cream and water and cook for 2 minutes until mixture thickens.
- 6Remove from heat and pour half the caramel sauce over the pears.
- 7Sprinkle pears with nuts.
- 8Using electric beater, beat ground ginger, remaining butter and remaining sugar in medium bowl.
- 9Add eggs 1 at a time combining well after each addition.
- 10Use a wooden spoon to stir in the flours, almond meal and sour cream until just combined.
- 11Spoon mixture over pears and smooth the surface.
- 12Bake in oven 1 1/2 hours until skewer inserted comes out clean.
- 13Remove from oven set aside 5 minutes before inverting onto a plate.
- 14Drizzle cake with reserved caramel sauce and serve warm with vanilla ice-cream or cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Pear and Macadamia Upside-Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 522.7
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 138.5 mg
- Sodium 225.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 44.5 g
- Protein 6.0 g