Recipe by Aunt Dawn
crunchy & smooth chocolate toffee texture. Habit forming. very good candy. I'm not sure where I found this recipe, but I'm sure glad that I did.
- 24 graham cracker squares
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup salted peanuts (chopped, I used dry roasted peanuts)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place graham crackers side by side on bottom of ungreased 15x10x1" jelly roll pan(I used a cookie sheet).
- In 2 qt saucepan combine butter & sugar.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture come to a full boil.(3-5 min).
- Boil, stirring constantly, 5 minute.
- Immediately pour over graham crackers; spread to coat.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Let chips stand 1 minute; spread.
- Sprinkle with peanuts.
- Lightly press peanuts into chocolate.
- Cool; break into pieces.