Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Like a chocolate chip caramel cookie with peanut butter background flavour.
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 25 kraft vanilla caramels, quartered
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- Cream butters, sugars egg and vanilla in a large bowl at medium speed until creamy. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt in a small bowl and then add to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips (or chocolate chunks) the quartered caramel pieces, and the chopped nuts until combined.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Silicone sheets would be better too, because the caramel when baking makes them stick.
- Bake 375 degrees for 8 to 12 minutes.
- Cool on the sheet, then remove to a wire rack.
Easy to make. My husband loved them. I put the caramel candies in the microwave for a few seconds before cutting them to make them softer and easier to cut. My only complaint is the caramel would stick to my teeth really bad when eating them but I guess that should be expected with caramel. Overall, good tasting cookie.
It's been cold, rainy and dreary today....PERFECT for baking cookings!!! Made the house smell "oh so good" too. These little gems are fantastic. What a great twist to the old fashion peanut butter cookie. I highly recommend them to everyone! Thanks for sharing, AndyPandy!!!
Excellent cookie! My grandkids will love these. Too bad they're not for my diet!