Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Oh so yummy, they taste like candy bars!
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (9 ounces)
- 3⁄4 cup peanuts, chopped
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingreadiaents; stir in butter.
- Set aside 1 cup for topping.
- Press remaining mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-ins. x 2-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine caramels and cream in a heavy saucepan or microwave safe bowl.
- Cook over low heat or microwave until melted, stirring often.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and peanuts over the crust; top with caramel mixture.
- Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- Cool completely before cutting.