Recipe by grandma2969
from a box of recipe clippings from a church garage sale..have not tried yet...but will...soon!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups diced fresh peaches
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt -- stir in milk and vanilla, mixing well -- fold in peaches, mixing well.
- spread in greased 8" square pan.
- prepare caramel topping and pour over batter.
- bake in hot oven.400* about 30 minutes.
- serve with whipped cream or plain cream.
- CARAMEL TOPPING:.
- bring all ingredients to a boil and pour over the above batter -- .