- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 1 3⁄4 cups drained peach slices in juice, reserve juice for sauce
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour (sift before measuring)
- 2 tablespoons sifted all-purpose flour (sift before measuring)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup reserved peach juice
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all sauce ingredients in saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Set aside and cool to lukewarm.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and sugar.
- Add butter, milk, and vanilla.
- Beat for 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer.
- Add egg and beat 1 minute longer.
- Fold in peaches, reserving 8 slices for topping later.
- Pour batter into unbaked pie shell.
- Spoon cooled caramel sauce over top of batter.
- Bake at 350° for 50 to 60 minutes, or until set.
- 10 minutes before the pie is done, quickly arrange reserved peach slices over the top and finish baking.
- Serve peach pie warm.