Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple, light dessert that can easily be doubled or tripled.
- 2 seedless oranges
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Cut peel and white pith from oranges.
- Cut into rounds; overlap on plates.
- Cook all remaining ingredients in heavy small saucepan over medium heat until mixture is syrupy, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon stick.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over oranges and serve.
I really liked the idea of this recipe. The problem I had was the way the hot caramel sauce just coagulated on the cool oranges. It may have been better to add the oranges to the syrup?? I just was not fussy on the hardened lump of sauce on the oranges. The taste was good though.
I make this dessert too but without the butter and the cinnamon stick (was about to post it myself but did a search and found yours).I use white sugar and water and caramelise the sugar until it turns a golden brown (do not overcook or it will get bitter). Then remove it from the pan and quickly trickle over the bowl of served orange pcs. Garnish with mint. Will try it with the cinnamon the next time I make it. Thank you! :) Fay
This was delicious, but I wish I added 3 Tbs of orange juice instead of water! Also, I used a toaster oven to warm up the orange slices before adding the caramel sauce. Perfect!