Recipe by s'kat
A simple, light dessert that can easily be doubled or tripled.
Top Review by Tebo
I really liked the idea of this recipe. The problem I had was the way the hot caramel sauce just coagulated on the cool oranges. It may have been better to add the oranges to the syrup?? I just was not fussy on the hardened lump of sauce on the oranges. The taste was good though.
- 2 seedless oranges
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cinnamon stick
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut peel and white pith from oranges.
- Cut into rounds; overlap on plates.
- Cook all remaining ingredients in heavy small saucepan over medium heat until mixture is syrupy, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon stick.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over oranges and serve.