Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very chewy and delicious. Cook time includes 10 minutes baking of crust.
- 1 3⁄4 cups raw rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) bag caramel candies
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Grease 9 x 13" pan.
- Combine the first 4 ingredients.
- Add margarine and mix together till crumbly.
- Reserve 1 cup for topping.
- Press remaining into bottom of pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350°.
- Top with nuts and chocolate.
- Melt caramel with water over low heat till smooth. Remove.
- Drizzle over nuts and chocolate to within 1/4" of pan edge.
- Sprinkly with reserved oat mix.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes till golden. Cool.
- Chill till chocolate is set.
- Cut into bars. Cover tightly.
- Freezes well.
I made this tonight with my daughter. I didn't have choc. chips so I just used the caramel and small apple chunks and it was fantastic! Thanks for an easy recipe!
great! really quite easy and I used white chocolate chips instead of dark and it turned out so yummy!!!!