Recipe by Charlotte J
This is from an advertisement in the mail. The photo looked so good I had to post it. With no outside pastry crust this will be diabetic friendly for our DD.
Top Review by Nasseh
Easy & delicious... I didn't want to mess with stuffing apples so I cut them into strips & mixed everything, including the caramel topping, in an 8x8 baking dish. After 30 minutes in the oven it was done. (Golden raisins were used in this.) Thanks Charlotte for a wonderful recipe.
- 4 large baking apples (2 pounds)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup oats (uncooked)
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar-free caramel topping (Smucker's Sugar Free Caramel Spoonable Topping )
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray an 8x8 inch baking pan with no-stick spray.
- Core apples and cut a thin slice off bottom to stabilize in prepared pan, if needed.
- Combine cinnamon, nutmeg, oats, raisins and butter in a small bowl and mix well.
- Stuff apples with mixture and cover the pan with foil.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Drizzle apple with caramel topping.
- Serve warm.