Recipe by Dotty2
This is a recipe that I have had for many years. The recipe originally came from my first microwave cookbook. It is so easy to make and yet so delicious.
- 14 -16 ounces caramel candies
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 4 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine caramels, water and peanut butter in a large mixing bowl (microwave safe bowl).
- microwave at high 3-5 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring after 2 minutes.
- Stir in cereal and peanuts.
- Press mixture in well buttered 13x9 or12x8 pan.
- Place topping ingredients in microwave safe bowl.
- microwave ,stirring occasionally until melted and blended.
- Spread over bars and cool.
- Note: caramels are about 396.9 to 453.6 grams.
- Microwave times will vary.